Museum of Contemporary Art, Taipei
10AM - 6PM
Entrance by Evidence
In order to promote creation of innovative and experimental contemporary art, to encourage interaction between artists and general public, and to increase and strengthen the bond and benefits of artistic exhibitions and art education, the Museum of Contemporary Art (MOCA), Taipei has drafted this application for the MOCA Studio exhibitions, hoping to offer both Taiwanese and foreign artists a platform and opportunity to present their work.
(1) Individuals or groups engaged in the creation and/or curatorial work of contemporary art (all nationalities are accepted);
(2) Applications of those who have had exhibitions at MOCA Studio within the last two years will not be accepted;
(3) Joint exhibitions or graduate exhibitions of groups from all levels of school societies and departments will not be accepted.
MOCA Studio: the museum’s exhibition galleries 102 and 103 and adjacent corridors. See Figure 1_ MOCA Studio floor plan.
Exhibited works are not limited in content, formats, or media. Exhibition proposals with the following features will be given priority:
(1) Exhibition proposals that entail site-specific artworks for MOCA Studio (without damaging the museum building );
(2) Exhibition of new works that are publicly presented in the city for the first time;
(3) Exhibition proposals that allow concrete interactions with the audience;
(4) Proposals that have received government or private funding/subsidy and await exhibitions.
(1) Deadline for the submission of the application to MOCA Studio exhibition in 2021 is January 18th, 2021;
(2) Applicants must complete an electronic form and submit relevant files per requirement (for details see section number 8 of this booklet);
(3) Applications with incomplete information and required files will not be processed;
(4) The museum will keep all the submitted digital data and required files. Applicants should make a separate copy for their own use.
(5) Please store your application and all the required files on a cloud drive or a flash drive and deliver by registered post to:
Exhibition Team, MOCA, Taipei
103, No. 39 Chang-An West Rd, Taipei City, Taiwan
And specify on the envelope: “Exhibition Application”
Or submit the application documents via email, please send them to email@example.com,
and specify “Exhibition Application” in the subject.
(6) For further inquiries, please contact the Exhibition Department:
Telephone: +886-2-2552-3721（Ext. 216）or email to firstname.lastname@example.org
(1) The museum will perform the selection.
(2) The museum will contact the selected applicants via telephone.
(3) Applications not selected may be resubmitted in the next round. The results of each selection are not to be disputed.
Arrangement for Exhibition Schedule
(1) The selected exhibition proposals will be scheduled for exhibition as soon as possible according to the availability of the space and the characteristics of the exhibitions with respect to the applicants’ will.
(2) Each exhibition is principally given a time slot of six to eight weeks. The museum may make adjustments if necessary.
(3) If, for any reason, applicants/artists cannot put on the exhibition as scheduled, a written notification with specific reasons must be submitted to the museum three months prior to the exhibition date. The museum holds the right to adjust the dates of exhibition and/ or cancel the exhibitions if there are no other available time slots or space.
Required Forms and Lists (must be completed):
(1) Basic profile of applicant(s) (Form 1. For group exhibition applicants, each applicant must fill out one form);
(2) Exhibition application (Form 2);
(3) List of exhibition artworks (Form 3);
(4) Exhibitors roster (Form 4; applicable for group exhibitions/curatorial exhibitions)
(5) List of attachments (Form 5);
(6) Exhibition layout (Figure 1);
(7) Others. If there are other relevant materials, please make your own list and briefly describe usage.
MOCA Taipei holds a high respect for the copyright of others, and it is stated in MOCA Taipei’s terms of service that any user of the museum’s service shall not infringe on others’ copyright. Therefore, MOCA Taipei hereby ask all our users to respect others’ copyright. If you think any of the content on MOCA Taipei’s website or anyone using MOCA Taipei’s service has infringed on your copyright, we strongly advice to you to file a complaint according to the regulations stated below, and MOCA Taipei customer service center will initiate related procedures as soon as possible.
Regulations Governing the Report on Copyright Infringement
If any of the content on MOCA Taipei’s website or anyone using MOCA Taipei’s service
has infringed on your copyright, please fill out the “Copyright Infringement
Notice,” provide the information and statements listed on the notice, and send them
to MOCA Taipei via fax.
1. Signature of the copyright owner or the signature of the proxy of the copyright owner; document proving the ownership of the copyright and the copyrighted contents, i.e. the cover and related pages of a publication, print-outs of webpage contents and the URL.
2. The webpage and URL containing the contents that cause the copyright infringement.
3. Your contact address and phone number.
4. A written statement stating that you believe the use of the webpage content is without the consent of the copyright owner, the proxy of the copyright owner, or the authorization of the law.
5. A written statement confirming that the information you state in the notice is truthful and you hereby make the statement as the copyright owner or the proxy of the copyright owner.
MOCA Taipei’s principle of handling the report on copyright infringement:
1. MOCA Taipei will remove the webpage content claimed to cause the copyright
infringement as soon as possible after receiving your notice, and will inform the
user about the infringement via email. If the said user objects to said
infringement, MOCA Taipei can provide your name, email or phone number to said user
so that direct communication can be achieved to resolve the dispute.
Privacy and Data Protection Policy
MOCA Taipei values user’s privacy very much and has implemented the following privacy and data protection policy, which is listed below for your reference.
The privacy and data protection policy includes MOCA Taipei’s management of personal
identifiable information collected when providing users the website service as well as MOCA
Taipei’s management of any personal identifiable information shared between the museum and
our business partners.
The privacy and data protection policy is not applicable to any enterprise other than MOCA Taipei, nor does it apply to those that are not staff or managements employed by MOCA Taipei.
When you register a MOCA Taipei account, use MOCA Taipei’s products or services, browse MOCA Taipei’s website, take part in related promotional activities or gifting programs, MOCA Taipei will collect your personal identifiable information. MOCA Taipei is also allowed to obtain said information from our business partners.
When you register a MOCA Taipei account, you will be asked to provide your name, email, date of birth, sex, work title, field of profession and personal interests. Once your registration is successful and the account is successfully logged into for the use of our service, we will be able to recognize you.
MOCA Taipei also automatically receive and record the server data on your browser, including IP address, the information in MOCA Taipei’s cookie and the record of visited webpages.
MOCA Taipei uses the information for the following purposes: to improve advertisement and webpage contents provided for you, to complete your request for a certain product and to notify you about a special event or new project.
MOCA Taipei will not sell or loan your personal identifiable information to anyone.
In the following circumstances, MOCA Taipei will provide your personal identifiable information to a governmental agency, an individual or a company.
To obtain your consent before sharing the information with other individuals or companies.
To provide a requested product or service, which requires sharing your information with other individuals or companies.
To provide a requested product or service, which requires providing the information to companies providing the product or service on behalf of MOCA Taipei. (Without our notice in advance, these companies will not have the right to use the personal information we provided for purposes other than provide a product or service.
To abide the law or the request of a governmental agency.
When an action on the website violates MOCA Taipei’s terms of service or the specific user’s guidelines of a product or service.
Other information required to be disclosed by the Computer-Processed Personal Data Protection Law or other regulations.
To protect user’s privacy and personal data, MOCA Taipei is not allowed to look up other user’s account information for you. Should you need to look up someone else’s information due to legal issues, please contact the police to file a legal proceeding. MOCA Taipei will fully cooperate with the police to provide necessary information to assist with the investigation and solve the case.
MOCA Taipei will access your computer setup to extract MOCA Taipei’s cookie.
MOCA Taipei’s users have the right to revise their personal MOCA Taipei account information and set up personal preferences anytime, including the option as to whether you would like to receive notifications about special events or new products.
Based on the Computer-Processed Personal Data Protection Law, when the purpose of using your personal information expires, MOCA Taipei will provide the service to delete your account and data. However, to do so, please contact us via telephone.
MOCA Taipei adopts a method that conforms to the Computer-Processed Personal Data Protection Law to protect your personal information.
To protect your privacy and safety, the data in your MOCA Taipei account will be password-protected.
Under some circumstances, MOCA Taipei uses the standard SSL security system to ensure the safety of data transmission.
MOCA Taipei has the right to revise our policies at any time necessary. When the regulations regarding using personal information are extensively revised, public announcements will be made on our website to inform you about the revisions.
Please tell us your ideas and suggestions here.