In order to promote creation of innovative and experimental contemporary art, to encourage interaction between artists and general public, and to increase and strengthen the bond and benefits of artistic exhibitions and art education, the Museum of Contemporary Art, Taipei (MoCA Taipei) has drafted this application for the MoCA Studio exhibitions, hoping to offer both Taiwanese and foreign artists a platform and opportunity to present their work.
(1) Individuals or groups engaged in the creation and/or curatorial work of contemporary art (all nationalities are accepted);
(2) Applications of those who have had exhibitions at MoCA Studio within the last three years will not be accepted;
(3) Joint exhibitions or graduate exhibitions of groups from all levels of school societies and departments will not be accepted.
MoCA Studio: the museum’s exhibition galleries 102 and 103. See Figure 1_ MoCA Studio floor plan.
Exhibited works are not limited in content, formats, or media. Exhibition proposals with the following features will be given priority:
(1) Exhibition proposals that entail site-specific artworks for MoCA Studio (without damaging the museum building and comply with the Fire Services Act and public safety );
(2) Exhibition of new works that are publicly presented in Taipei City for the first time;
(3) Proposals that have received government or private funding/subsidy and await exhibitions.
(1) Deadline for the submission of the application to MoCA Studio exhibition in 2023 is August 31st, 2022;
(2) Applicants must complete an form and submit relevant files per requirement (for details see section number 9 of this booklet);
(3) Applications with incomplete information and required files will not be processed;
(4) The museum will keep all the submitted digital data and required files. Applicants should make a separate copy for their own use.
(5) Please store your application and all the required files on a cloud drive or a flash drive and deliver by registered post to:
Exhibition Team, MoCA, Taipei
103, No. 39 Chang-An West Rd, Taipei City, Taiwan
And specify on the envelope: “MoCA Studio Exhibition Application”
Or submit the application documents via email, please send them to email@example.com,
and specify “MoCA Studio Exhibition Application” in the subject.
(6) For further inquiries, please contact the Exhibition Department:
Telephone: +886-2-2552-3721（Ext. 216）or email to firstname.lastname@example.org
(1) The museum will commission the experts to perform the selection.
(2) The museum will announce the selected applicants via the Museum website.
(3) Applications not selected may be resubmitted in the next round. The results of each selection are not to be disputed.
Arrangement for Exhibition Schedule
(1) The selected exhibition proposals will be scheduled for exhibition as soon as possible according to the availability of the space and the characteristics of the exhibitions with respect to the applicants’ will.
(2) Each exhibition is principally given a time slot of six to eight weeks. The museum may make adjustments if necessary.
(3) If, for any reason, applicants/artists cannot put on the exhibition as scheduled, a written notification with specific reasons must be submitted to the museum three months prior to the exhibition date. The museum holds the right to adjust the dates of exhibition and/ or cancel the exhibitions if there are no other available time slots or space.
(1) The selected applicant is required to execute the exhibition based on the exhibition plan. If the selected applicant intends to make any change regarding the exhibition, a prior given written notice must be given to and consented by MoCA Taipei. The determination of the execution of the modified exhibition shall be at the sole discretion of MoCA Taipei whose decision shall be final.
(2) MoCA Taipei will offer maximum exhibition production fees of $150000 TWD, including expenses on printing materials, interior construction (basic wooden wall and paint), shipping, insurance, installation and dismantling, and educational and marketing campaigns.
(3) The exhibition venue is limited to the designated space. See Figure 1_ MoCA Studio floor plan.
(4) MoCA Taipei will seek audio and video equipment support from its sponsors. If the equipment does not fit the selected applicants’ needs, the selected applicants may prepare their own equipment.
(5) In addition to the exhibition, one press conference and one forum or guided tour will be arranged and hold by MoCA Taipei.
Required Forms and Lists (must be completed):
(1) Basic profile of applicant(s) (Form 1. For group exhibition applicants, each applicant must fill out one form);
(2) Exhibition application (Form 2);
(3) List of exhibition artworks (Form 3);
(4) Exhibitors roster (Form 4; applicable for group exhibitions/curatorial exhibitions)
(5) List of attachments (Form 5);
(6) Exhibition layout (Figure 1);
(7) Others. If there are other relevant materials, please make your own list and briefly describe usage.
(1) The Artist reserves all copyrights and economic rights to the artworks. The Artist shall hold entire legal responsibility for all activities that infringe the Intellectual Property Rights.
(2) The Artist agrees that the work, texts, images displayed in the exhibition and conference and event records may be photographed, filmed, and published by Museum’s employees and individuals authorized by Museum for use by Museum, for archival and educational purposes, display or exhibition at Museum’s venue.
(3) The applicant agrees that the written materials or digital files such as texts, design drafts, images, videos, etc. provided may be retained by the organizer for archiving.